Required Forms For Athletic Participation
- Pre-participation Physical Evaluation Form – The Pre-participation Physical Evaluation Form is valid for one year (for high school athletes) and two years (for middle school athletes) from the date of the exam, and covers participation for all sports within that time period. Students submit only the last page to the school/coach (Clearance Form). Schools keep the forms on file. A partial list of Clinics that offer Sports Physicals within the Montgomery County area is available online.
- Medical Card for Athletes (MCPS Form 560-30) –This form must be submitted for each sport in which the student wishes to participate.
- Student-Parent Participation Contract and Parent Permission Form (for High School) – The form includes information that student-athletes and parents are required to review, including reference to the Health/Safety section of the MCPS Athletics website. This form must be submitted for each sport in which the student wishes to participate.
- Full Concussion, Baseline, and Sudden Cardiac Arrest Parent Packet in one file – includes the following required forms:
- Consent Form ImPact Baseline Concussion Testing – All student-athletes must undergo baseline testing at least once every two years. This form is required for taking a baseline test.
- MSDE Concussion Awareness and Sudden Cardiac Arrest Awareness Parent/Student-Athlete Acknowledgement Statement – This form indicates that the parent and student-athlete have received information regarding concussions and sudden cardiac arrest.
- MSDE Pre-participation Head Injury/Concussion Reporting Form for Extracurricular Activities – This form indicates whether the student has previously suffered a concussion.